It's been a long time since 2013, when I first started blogging at DiscoverBSD.com, motivation being to learn more about BSD family of operating systems.
Years has passed and I haven't had a time to keep doing it, so recently I have decided that it's time to do something about it.
Welcome to the new DiscoverBSD
Let's keep this short and sweet, so here is what's changing:
- blog that was at https://discoverbsd.com is moving to https://discoverbsd.blogspot.com (was not able to make blog.discoverbsd.com with blogger)
- https://discoverbsd.com is becoming The BSD community linklog, the new app that I built
- Twitter posts will be tweeted automatically by new app
- newsletter that was associated with old blog is paused
What does it mean? (Non-required reading)
First of all, there will be bunch of new dead-links over internet (old DiscoverBSD links). Content of posts will still be available on new blog location, and 404 page of new DiscoverBSD will have mention of it.
Secondly, let's go check the new DiscoverBSD now. It is pretty much self-explanatory.
My hope is that new DiscoverBSD will become place where people come to look for interesting BSD-related articles.
Here is how it works:
- anyone can authenticate via Twitter and add link to the interesting article, tutorial, whatever
- admin will check the link and can approve or deny it
- approved article will appear on page and will be automatically tweeted
- we will all be happy to find interesting content
The application itself is open-source and hosted on Github. In the beginning, I will be administrating the content by myself, so it might take few hours until the content is approved.
You can help
Also help with creating logo would be much appreciated.
You can become a patron on Patreon and support my efforts.
I am also looking for hosting company that can host Ruby on Rails app and have BSD hosting, in exchange for a bit of an ad on DiscoverBSD. Ask your BSD-hosting provider to help.
And the most of all, please submit awesome BSD content that you have found!
I'll see you there …